The Creation 7th Day Adventists
WHO ARE THEY?
CSDA CHURCH HISTORY
The year 1988 marked an exodus from the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist denomination by several dedicated and devout souls that were unified in the doctrine of “victory over sin” (commonly known as “righteousness by faith”). This small group studied the history of the Christian Church and Adventism intensely, praying fervently for God’s divine guidance in their plans. The first congregation of CSDA believers was founded at Spring City, TN in early 1991, and the second assembly was established in the Fall of 1991 in Lakeland, FL, under the name of “Creation 7th Day Adventist.” These former SDA Christians heard a call to “come out” of the General Conference churches in response to the “loud cry” of the mighty angel of Revelation 18:1-4. It was their belief that the General Conference Corporation, by unifying with the United States Federal Government in their trademarked church name of 1981, had formed an “image to the beast” as described in Revelation chapter 13. It was further believed that through the prosecutions of various trademark violations (1986-1991) the General Conference had met the criteria necessary to become “Babylon Fallen” which necessitated a “coming out.” A position paper was published in the Fall of 1991 entitled Crucified Afresh!, which set forth the basic principles motivating this new movement.
Following 1991, the CSDA movement spread to Kansas where some souls organized as a local Church in Osawatomie, taking the name “Edenbrook Remnant Church of Creation 7th Day Adventists.” By 2001 a Church covenant was signed at St. Joseph, TN under the name “St. Joseph Creation 7th Day & Adventist Church.” Prior to this, a small group of CSDA believers had moved to a farm in Rienzi, MS where they established a health recovery outpost for medical ministry purposes.
The year 2002 saw the group in Rienzi purchase property in Guys, TN where they chartered “A Creation Seventh Day & Adventist Church,” pastored by Walter “Chick” McGill. McGill opened the first CSDA Christian Academy in 2003 on the Guys property as a free private educational opportunity.
Following the Guys developments, mission trips were made to various parts of the United States and Canada. In the Spring of 2005, CSDA work in Canada had its official beginning. By the Fall of 2006, a group of covenanted CSDA members were gathered in British Columbia under the leadership of Pastor Abraham Dyck.
The influence of Creation Seventh Day Adventists has been felt in many countries of the world, with scattered believers and sympathizers in India, various regions of Africa, Europe and Australia.
ABOUT THE NAME
With the erroneous and wide-spread belief in the “theory of evolution” and the popular pagan error of growing in spiritual stature by human efforts (a form of “theistic evolution”) the 1991 Adventist believers, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, added – as the antithesis and rebuke – “Creation,” to the name “7th Day Adventist,” which had already been the heritage of their true faith. The identity of the seventh-day Sabbath had been variously obscured by “Saturday-keepers,” “Sunday-keepers,” and calendar reformers alike; hence, the “Creation 7th Day” in their name served to stress the seventh-day Sabbath of Creation, the day God rested from His creative process. “Adventist Church” in the name signified an Adventist group of “called-out ones” – those Christians expecting and looking for the imminent and soon second coming of Christ.
When combining the two sections of the name, it is proper to insert “and,” “(and),” “(&),” or the “moon symbol” (●) between “Creation Seventh Day” and “Adventist Church.” In order to represent the significant doctrinal difference of the New Moon between the General Conference brand of Adventism and the CSDA movement, the moon symbol is often employed with the ampersand in the center of it. When referring to the world-wide CSDA Church the name is rightly styled “The Creation Seventh Day (and) Adventist Church” and when signifying a single local congregation, “A Creation 7th Day (and) Adventist Church.” The designations “Seventh” and “7th” are used interchangeably. (see also: CSDA Logo)
In the same way that “Christians” are spiritual “Jews”, these Adventist Christians, comprising the CSDA body, are certainly spiritual Seventh-day Adventists because they keep the “Creation 7th Day” (seventh day of the Gregorian calendar – Saturday) as the Sabbath of the Creator, and they anticipate the soon, imminent and visible return of the Christ to transport them to the Heavenly City, New Jerusalem. They would, in good conscience, refuse to recant their former religious name “7th Day Adventist” without direct revelation from God. In respect of the most solemn warning in all of Scripture, prohibiting the worship of [agreement with] “the image of the beast,” (Rev.14:9-11) and reception of “the mark of his name,” the least obedience to the trademark law would endanger the souls of these worshipers by disobeying the mandate of the Holy Spirit. Refusal to obey man’s law, when it conflicts with God’s revealed will, is a matter of individual conscience. We must “obey God rather than man.” (Acts 5:29) The trademark law, a human enactment in conflict with the religious liberty principles that Adventists have historically upheld, is firmly resisted by Creation 7th Day Adventists as traditional Protestants for liberty of conscience.
The prayer of Christ in John chapter 17, “that they all may be one” as the Father and the Son are One.
The Bible alone is the standard for all faith – doctrine and practice. The inspired writings of Ellen G. White are regarded as a reliable commentary on the Bible.
To reflect the truth as it is in Jesus by “keep[ing] the commandments of God, and [having] the faith of Jesus.” (Revelation 14:12)
To share this experience with the world in both word and deed is their primary goal. By this exemplary Christian life of love and unity, the world will know that God sent His only begotten Son into the world that the world through Him might be saved from sin, suffering, and eternal death. The mission further calls Christians and non-Christians alike out of their self-defeating lifestyles and associations into the Sabbath Rest of Christ and the holy fellowship of His last visible body in this age – the Remnant Church of Revelation 12:17. Final judgment for this planet is imminent; the nations must be warned, and a people prepared to stand blameless before God’s Throne.
The “good news” of the gift of Christ’s life which, when accepted in the “new birth” experience, provides the recipient with a life of victory over sin and death.
This “Gospel” is seen by the Church in its most succinct manner in Revelation 14. The “three angels’ messages” of Revelation 14, in combination with the mighty angel of Revelation 18, are intended to bring the light of salvation to the final generation in which we live. Out of this generation there will be “a people” which will stand “without fault before the throne of God.” (Rev 14:5) These will be translated to Heaven without experiencing death, as were Enoch and Elijah. The message is given the name The EliYah Message, since it is the fulfillment of the prophecy of Malachi 4:5,6 – to “turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers...” In this is seen the restoration of sound family government which ultimately forms solid church government. EliYah will restore all things pertaining to godliness. (Mat 17:11)
Congregational administration with an association of sister churches.
The local congregation is autonomous, but inter-dependent on other associated churches in much the way as a human body functions with its various systems.
To the sheep “scattered abroad,” we have made special provision for holding membership in The Association Remnant Church of Creation 7th Day Adventists. By this means, faithful souls scattered the world over may participate in finishing the work of righteousness on the earth. God’s providential blessing shall assist Creation 7th Day Adventist world evangelism through Christian order and unity.
- The Family is the foundation of the Church. Without sound family government the Church will not prosper. To “restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers” (Mal. 4:6) is of utmost importance to Creation 7th Day Adventists.
- Religious liberty for all people in all religions, sects, etc. The First Amendment’s “free exercise clause” is fundamental to all religious freedoms in the U.S. Individuality in religion is a sacred trust.
- Absolute separation of Church and State. Respect for the authority of the State and submission to it is required. Since the members’ citizenship is in Heaven, they have no desire to be involved in the politics of earthly kingdoms. Christ’s kingdom is not of this world, but State laws congruent with God’s Law must be obeyed.
- Literal creation by God, specifically, Christ, the Son. He spoke the world into existence in six literal days and “rested the seventh day” which is the original seventh-day Bible Sabbath. (Exodus 20:8-11)
- Christ is the only Head of the Church. There are no visible presidents, popes, etc. The Church is a priesthood of believers, all identical in grace and dignity.
- Christian education is to be totally separate from public education. Home schooling is recommended, and church schools should be established where practical, and without State jurisdiction.
- Country living is preferred to city lifestyle. Living a life as simply and naturally as possible away from stressful influences is encouraged.
- Separation from the world in custom is emphasized. The common amusements of the world are avoided (e.g., theater, sports, billiard rooms, dance halls, saloons, most television). Competition is considered detrimental to proper spiritual and physical development.
- The true Christian virtues are exemplified in the fruit of the Spirit and a consistent model life. This fruit is composed of “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control.”(Gal 5:22,23)
- The “new birth” is an experience of total victory over past sinful habits and the incremental discovery of additional personal faults with subsequent victory in those areas. Desires are changed; tastes are different; the temperament is refurbished; the mind is renewed in the image of the Christ. “Everlasting life” has begun in the believer.
- The “faith of Jesus” transcends the concept of His teachings. It is actually the experience of His life – how He behaved in every situation. The truly “born again” Christian possesses the faith of Christ which is to know Him. (John 17:3; Col 1:27)
- Baptism spiritually symbolizes the Funeral, (death to self) and the Wedding (marriage to Christ). The ordinance of Baptism is only administered after close examination of the baptismal candidate, seeing that the “fruits of repentance” are manifested beforehand. Upon completion of the Baptismal Ceremony, a copy of the Creation 7th Day Adventist Baptismal Vow is provided to the new member including date and sealed signatures of both the candidate and officiating elder(s).
- The sacred name of God, יה or יהוה, is transliterated “YAH” or “YHVH.” (Psalms 68:4) The most accurate transliteration of the name of God’s Son, יהושע, is “YAHSHUA” (not Jesus). The third commandment of the Decalogue promises the Christian that he will not take the name of “YAH” in vain while being in covenant relationship with Him.
- The Bible is YAH’s personal “love letter” to each person, sharing vital promises by which individuals become partakers of the “divine nature.” All of the Ten Commandments are intended to be divine promises to the believer. For the Christian, Heaven begins on the earth.
- The Word of YAH does exactly what It says It will do. The living Word always creates life. The spoken word has creative potential and must be regulated strictly.
- The universe is ruled by immutable laws, (both natural and spiritual) ordained and maintained by the Creator. Life is much easier to understand when circumstances are reasoned from cause to effect. Teach children to reason from cause to effect, and they will have sound mental health. Relationships are more harmonious and secure when the principles of “agreement” and “honesty” are applied. There is always enough of anything you need in this life. There is never a reason to worry as long as you are living in harmony with YAH’s spiritual and physical laws.
- God is Love, and only persons who partake of that “unconditional love” will reside in the Kingdom of Heaven. Willingness to obey the Law of YAH from a heart of love and unreserved devotion is evidence that YAH’s love has been implanted in the soul. The “Creation 7th Day” (Sabbath) of the fourth commandment is Love’s “sign” between God and man. (see Ezek 20:12, 20)
- The Biblical feast days have never been abolished. Special blessings are to be experienced in their observance. YAH ordained daily worship, weekly worship, monthly worship, and annual worship for His children. God desires us to meet Him at the “appointed times.”
- The “new moon day” is the appropriate time to celebrate “the Lord’s Supper”. This is called “The Festival of Humility,” and is observed monthly in the dark of the moon. The “new moon festival” will be kept in the New Earth along with the Sabbath. (Isa 66:22, 23)
- Pagan holidays, such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day, and other Roman Catholic festivals are generally unrecognized. The keeping of these traditions can be spiritually detrimental.
- Health is an important aspect of “holiness.” There are eight laws of health:
- Good Nutrition
- Exercise on a regular schedule
- Pure Water (inside and outside the body)
- Temperance (moderation in all things healthful, and abstinence from all harmful products)
- Fresh, Pure Air
- Rest for the Mind and Body
- Trust in the Creator
- Alternative and natural healing methods are preferred to conventional ones. Physicians, educated in nutrition, and who refrain from the use of “drugs,” are commonly sought for medical counsel and/or treatment.
- A vegetarian diet is highly recommended. Total abstinence from the “unclean meats” is a rule. Simple and natural fruits, grains, nuts, and vegetables in proper combinations are most wholesome.
- Communication is very critical to success in family, church, business, and social relationships. Violence is not an option for any situation.
- There are three Sabbaths: 1. The Jewish Sabbath observed on Saturday – no particular spiritual rest implied, 2. The Papal Sabbath observed on Sunday in violation of the Ten Commandment Law, and 3. The Creation 7th Day Sabbath of YAH, which is the essence of spiritual rest from all human effort to make oneself acceptable to God. This peaceful experience is a routine daily walk, but specially observed symbolically from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday. During this holy time there is to be no work, no buying or selling, only communion with God and His creation including church worship and fellowship. This is the Great Family Day together.
- The Creation 7th Day, when observed in the “beauty of holiness,” will teach one that to bring suit in civil court for a redress of grievances is a disgrace to God and His Church. All desiring to exalt the holy name of YAH will refrain from initiating any civil court action (after the action is initiated against a member, an appropriate answer to the charge is fitting and encouraged).
- No man has any righteousness of himself. Every good gift comes from the God of Heaven. Therefore the name and character of the true Church or Body of believers is “YAH is Our Righteousness.” (Jer 23:6; 33:16) This describes their eternal heritage bestowed from Heaven.
- The gifts of the Spirit are active in God’s Remnant Church of Creation 7th Day Adventists. Among the greatest of all modern prophets, Ellen G. White (died 1915) penned more than 5,000 periodical articles and 26 books, taken from her 55,000 pages of manuscript. She is the most translated woman writer in all the history of literature, and the most translated American author. Her counsel is effectual for the people of God expecting to witness the soon Second Advent of Christ.
- The Second Advent of Christ is the culmination of God’s plan for man’s restoration and complete salvation. It is “the blessed hope” of every true Christian. Members expect Christ to return in this generation.
- The character of YAH has been misrepresented by evil men and fallen angels. The concept of a burning hell in which sinners are tortured forever and ever is absurd. The God of love does not destroy, but the unrepentant sinner destroys himself by his unrelenting rebellion against God’s law of love. “Whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7) Obedience to YAH’s immutable laws insures a life of blessing.
- Satan is a fallen angel and a deceitful foe. He, along with his innumerable company of demons, will harass mankind as long as time shall last. He cannot, however, force anyone to sin or break his or her conscience without consent. For this reason, the Christian who trusts in the word of YAH, prays for constant deliverance, and acts upon “the faith of YAHSHUA,” cannot be overcome by “the enemy of souls.” The power of righteousness is greater than that of unrighteousness.
- The Gift of Individuality is cherished. While Christian dress and deportment are required, each individual member exercises the ultimate discretion of individual conscience.
- Membership in labor unions and secret societies is strictly avoided.
- War is condemned as an evil. As conscientious objectors, members may serve in the armed forces in national emergencies as medics or in other non-combatant capacities.
“We, the undersigned, do hereby seal ourselves together in covenant as the Church of Yah, who is the Creator of Heaven and earth (Psalm 68:4, Exo 20:11). By this action we declare our membership in the body of Christ, maintaining His absolute and sole ownership, supreme authority, supervision, and Providential guidance of this Church.
“Thusly, being identified as __(tribal name OR "A")__CREATION 7TH DAY (&) ADVENTIST CHURCH, and in harmony with Rev. 14:12, we covenant to keep ‘the commandments of YAH and the faith of YAHSHUA’, accepting His character as our heritage and seal: ‘YAH IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS’ (Jer 23:6; 33:16).”
“For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there am I in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:20)
“Where Christ is, even among the humble few, that is Christ’s church, for the presence of the High and Holy one who inhabiteth eternity can alone constitute a church.” (Upward Look, page 315)
“Those who keep God’s commandments, those who live not by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God, compose the church of the living God.” (1 MR, page 296, 1890)
THIS IS WHO THEY ARE . . . WILL YOU JOIN THEM?
The Association of Creation 7th Day Adventists
The Creation 7th Day & Adventist Church
The Sabbath Rest Principle
The Creation 7th Day
The Sabbath and A NEW YOU
The Ideal Church and Ideal State
The Three Sabbaths
The Trademark Name
“Babylon is fallen”
The Faith of Jesus
The Gift of Individuality
1988 Hawaii Trademark Case
The Eight Laws of Health
Pastor “Chick’s” Home Page
The Spirit-Filled Church
The Winning Life
A Parable of Two Women
A Parable of the Wolf’s Tale
Creation Ministries Home Page
The Invitation to the Marriage Supper
Contact Us by Email: Administrator